[Simulavr-devel] Dependency to libbfd and libiberty removed

From: ThomasK
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Dependency to libbfd and libiberty removed
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 07:59:04 +0100

Hi list,

because of the problems on Mac OSX I have changed the read in of elf files to ElfIO. This causes, that the dependency of libbfd and libiberty (I think, this was independent of libbfd) is removed in master branch. So the corresponding configure option --with-bfd is also removed.

If somebody will get problems on read in elf files or connected to this, report it or write a bug report.

A special case is using MSVC on windows: There is a preprocessor switch for this platform, which I haven't removed at the moment.

@Petr or somebody else, which build simulavr on windows with MSVC: please remove for testing the (complete) first part covered with #ifdef _MSC_VER and remove the #ifndef _MSC_VER and the corresponding #endif, then "make clean && make && make check" and report the result here.

cu, Thomas