sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Dump

From: R P Herrold
Subject: [Sks-devel] Dump
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:13:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010, Jens Leinenbach wrote:

If I were a black hat, I would set up my own SKS server instead of
downloading a dump again and again. ;)

ready access to a frequently updated corpus is a win -- If I were a
black-hat, I'd be building a new product already to leverage those
wholesale updates

Indeed, and there is clearly a Cost / Benefit analysis to perform here; it makes sense to me that a blackhat with infinite resources would engineer a entire solution set. But that is not what I saw as to the 'usual spammers -- they looked for the casual 'easy and low hanging fruit' to exploit first

The world is not a perfect place, but filled with shades of gray. But my question is:
        Why facilitate casual exploitation?

-- Russ herrold