RE: connection level whitelist/blacklists anyone?

From: Cowles, Steve
Subject: RE: connection level whitelist/blacklists anyone?
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 05:24:13 -0600

I'm I following this thread correctly? This seems like just the type of
spamass-milter enhancement I've been looking for.

Background: In addition to using spamass-milter/sendmail as a frontend for
my exchange server, my mail server is also a backup MX for another domain
using the DSMTP mailer. i.e. In mailertable:

mydomain.com    esmtp:exchange.mydomain.com
backup_domain.com       dsmtp:mail.backup_domain.com

The only problem with this setup is...
1) By design, spamass-milter is called before sendmail chooses the mailer -
so SA is run against all e-mails queued for backup_domain.com.
2) The primary MX for the backup domain (mail.backup_domain.com) also runs
SA against a totally different set of local.cf rules. So any e-mails
recieved during the ETRN are not processed by the primary MX.

It would be nice if I could configure spamass-milter to NOT run SA against
any e-mails for the backup domain and just let sendmail simply queue these
e-mails normally using the specified mailer. Using the access map would be
perfect fit. i.e.

SPAMASS:backup_domain.com       NO_SA

or something along those lines.

Am I totally off base here in my understanding of this thread/proposed
feature? I hope not.

thanks
Steve Cowles