Re: NOT SOLVED Re: Spamass-milter unable to bind onto network ports

From: Todd Lyons
Subject: Re: NOT SOLVED Re: Spamass-milter unable to bind onto network ports
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 06:46:35 -0800

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 5:57 AM, Simon Loewenthal <address@hidden> wrote:
> Spoke too soon.
>
> Nov 11 14:55:19 lt postfix/smtpd[19157]: warning: connect to Milter service
> unix:/var/spool/postfix/spamass/spamass.sock: No such file or directory

So you have configured postfix to try to talk through
/var/spool/postfix/spamass/spamass.sock to the spamassassin milter.
Step 1 is to make sure that the socket file exists:

> # ls -dl /var/spool/postfix/spamass/
> drwxr-xr-x 2 spamass-milter root 1024 Nov 11 14:51
> /var/spool/postfix/spamass/
> # ls -l /var/spool/postfix/spamass/spamass.sock
> srw-rw---- 1 postfix postfix 0 Nov 11 14:51
> /var/spool/postfix/spamass/spamass.sock

The file exists, but that doesn't mean that anything is attached to
it.  Next, make sure the milter is running:

# pidof spamass-milter
19041

Next, if it is indeed running, look to see what files it has open:

lsof -p `pidof spamass-milter`

There I think you will find your misconfiguration.  Either you have
spamass-milter configured to write the socket file somewhere else, or
only using TCP.

...Todd