The Espeak bug is back (suddenly switching to English)

From: Hermann
Subject: The Espeak bug is back (suddenly switching to English)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:06:57 +0100

am Do 14. Feb 2008 um 19:39:13 schrieb Jonathan Duddington <jsd at clara.co.uk>:
> On 14 Feb, Hermann <meinelisten at onlinehome.de> wrote:
> > > Please tell me if the problem still exists in 1.31.11 or later.
>
> > Sorry, but now there are crashes in SD when quickly scrolling through
> > a file. The language doesn't switch anymore. I attach the error
> > messages in speechd.log.
>
> Do you mean that you now have a Speech Dispatcher problem, not an
> eSpeak problem? :-)
>
> The fix in eSpeak shouldn't affect its use by Speech Dispatcher, but if
> someone finds that eSpeak is behaving wrongly, please tell me.

Did you read my attached file? Don't know, whether attachments are
permitted. It indicates, that indeed SD has a problem after having
updated Espeak.
Note: I manually replaced the needed files. Would it be better to
compile from src?
I tried this earlier but got error messages regarding the speak.cpp
file.
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)