Two syllables dropped speaking Dutch "naburige"

From: Frans-Willem Post
Subject: Two syllables dropped speaking Dutch "naburige"
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 07:53:52 +0200

Hello list,

For some time I have been a user of the Orca screen reader. This week I
came across an awkward pronunciation bug (I think it's a bug). I ruled
out Orca by stopping it's speech and going command line.

When I execute the following command, the second and third syllable are
not spoken. The first and last, however, are. It sounds like "na-e".

$ spd-say -l nl "naburige"

I'm writing a blog article about a certain puzzle solving program, which
works by using referenced neighboring ("naburige" in Dutch) puzzle
cells. That's how I came across this bug.

Can someone help me get this to work? Can I help improve the Dutch
pronunciation of speech-dispatcher?

My system specifications:
- Ubuntu GNU/Linux 18.04 LTS, 64 bit
- spd-say 0.8.8