0.9.0 release candidate 4

From: Didier Spaier
Subject: 0.9.0 release candidate 4
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 12:31:47 +0100

Hello,

On 09/01/2019 00:31, Samuel Thibault wrote> Didier Spaier, le lun. 07 janv.
2019 12:34:14 +0100, a ecrit:
>> If using the pulseaudio backend this is difficult, as one could write
>> PULSE_SINK=<string> application, but finding the name of the sink
>> is not easy, and not all applications honor the PULSE_SINK setting.
>
> Yes, the problem with the libao backend is that it may actually be alsa,
> pulse, or even oss.  What about the attached patch, does it work
> properly for you with the different libao configurations?

With default_driver=alsa in /etc/libao.conf:
pico: OK
flite-generic: OK # I know, not allowed ;)
espeak-ng-mbrola-generic: OK
  However I get a lot of "Saturation on <diphone?> in the
espeak-ng-mbrola-generic.log.
  Maybe this can be fixed, enhancing the voice?
pico-generic: OK
espeak-generic: OK # espeak is not installed, only espeak-ng
  In espeak-generic.log at fisrt i had:
  Can't write to: '/tmp/espeak.wav'
  /tmp/espeak.wav: Permission non accord?e
  That's because this file was owned by root. I removed it, then I heard speech
  Maybe put in the TODO: write such files in /tmp/$(id -un) rather than
directly in /tmp?
mary-generic: KO
  in mary-generic.log:
  curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 59125: Connexion refus?e
  I guess I need to build and install a package from
  https://github.com/marytts/marytts
  However I don't see a Debian pacakage for it. Licensing issue with
  some components? Becaus eit's a JAVA application?
espeak-mbrola-generic: KO
  in speech-dispatcher.log:
  Warning: Didn't find preferred output module, using default
  Couldn't load default output module, trying other modules
  Maybe it's an issue with the argument of GenericExecuteSynth?
  Here /usr/bin/espeak is a symlink to /usr/bin:espak-ng
flite: OK
rhvoice: OK
espeak-ng:OK

With default_driver=alsa in /etc/libao.conf:
Results identical to those with default_driver=alsa in /etc/libao.conf

With default=esd in /etc/libao.conf:
Untested.

With default=oss in /etc/libao.conf:
Untested.