stow-devel

Re: [Stow-devel] Installing Software

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [Stow-devel] Installing Software
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:13:25 -0400

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-system-discuss/2012-04/msg00052.html

> how would such an OS release differ from the other distros out there?

My view is that this whole discussion is primarily about #1 and #2 from
Karl's message.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-system-discuss/2012-04/msg00083.html

Please remember that the goal of the GNU Project has always been to create
the GNU Operating System. It seems that the GNU Project is finally (almost?)
in a position to make an official release. While there are derivatives of
the GNU Operating System in use that doesn't (in my mind) automatically
preclude The GNU Project from (finally) getting ready to release GNU 1.0.
That was the goal from 1983, if you'll recall.

Perhaps it could set a record for the longest time to release (30 years as
of 2013.)