stratagus-devel

[Stratagus-devel] Re: Stratagus

From: Russell Smith
Subject: [Stratagus-devel] Re: Stratagus
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:29:16 +1100

Sorry to reply to a private message to the mailing list, but again I remind
josh, I cannot send mail to your southslope address.

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 05:30 am, Joshua Drum wrote:
> Russel,
>
> Sorry to bother you again.
> Thanks for posting the project file.
>
> Two problems though, when I try to load the project it is complaining about
> not finding a video file "x11.c".  I did a search and find this file
> nowhere.

X11 support has been removed, you can ignore the need for this file.

> Then when I try to compile I immediately get a compiler error:
>
> Line: 2
> File: F:\Dev-Cpp\stratagus\2
> Message: Unable to run program file.

Not very helpful, line two of what?

> The compiler log shows:
>  -nuts, thought I could cut and paste that.

dev-c++ bites like that.

> the last 2 lines are:
> make.exe -f "F:\Dev-Cpp\stratagus\MAkefile.win" all
> Execution terminated

you windows makefile are probably not correct.  Have you got all the libraries
you need, SDL, graphics libraries, zlib?

> I would appreciate any further help you can provide, but its no big rush.
> Ill be gone for Thanksgiving.

No thanksgiving in AU...  but let me not go down this path.

Please drop into #stratagus, it will be easier to help you in that situation.
But getting dev-c++ going is not a beginners tool.  It appears to requires
much knowledge to get everything in place.

> Have a good Turkey day, and thanks again for your help.
>
> -Josh

Regards

Russell Smith