stumpwm-devel

Re: [STUMP] Real fullscreen and centering windows.

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Real fullscreen and centering windows.
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 01:23:31 -0500

Philippe Brochard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Here is a few patch to have windows that doesn't fill all the frame
> automaticaly centered :
>
> in core.lisp I have add this in maximize-window :
>
> -- core.lisp ---------------------------------------------------------
> (defun maximize-window (win)
>   "Maximize the window."
>       ;; readjust the window to center if it doesn't fill all the frame
>       (setf (xlib:drawable-x win) (truncate (+ x (/ (- width
> (xlib:drawable-width win)) 2)))
>           (xlib:drawable-y win) (truncate (+ y (/ (- height
> (xlib:drawable-height win)) 2))))
>       (xlib:display-force-output *display*))))

This should really be done with "gravity" like ratpoison, I
think. Windows are divided into classes: transient, maxsize,
normal. windows can be given individual gravity and a default gravity
can be set for each class. gravity is a compass direction plus
center. default gravity is nw. Perhaps there could be other gravity
types (I'm not sure what they'd be).

If you'd like to work on a gravity patch that'd be great! If you're
interested, let me know if you need more details or have better ideas.

-Shawn