Re: So, how's this working...

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: So, how's this working...
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 07:01:40 +0200

Hi Martin,

Martin Braun <address@hidden> writes:

> 1) Who's the boss around here?

The GNU admins.  Melange doesn't give the list, and I don't have it
either, hopefully you'll get a reply on this.  I think Jose and Giuseppe
are admins, but there maybe others.

> 2) In one email, it says everyone should vote on their project (i.e. one
> vote per proposal); obviously, some projects have more than one vote. So
> what's the deal?

For Org-mode projects, some proposals have more than one votes because
there are more than one admin per projet.  But the (informally agreed)
policy has been to vote for proposals that you mentor.  Maybe there has
been people not following this policy -- or maybe GNU admins have been
voting too on each project, I don't know.

> 3) How many 'amazing' proposals per sub-project? If it's one, I guess
> the mentors from each sub-project convene in private and decide which?

It has been proposed that there should be *at least* one amazing
proposal per sub-project.  I expressed concerns about this policy,
but it's important to treat big and small sub-projects equally, and
time is short to find a practical and fair trade-off.

> 4) Are all mentors in this list?

Probably not.

> I'd be grateful for any info.

Sorry I can only half-answer your questions, GNU admins will have more
first-hand insight.

Best,

--
 Bastien