swarm-modeling

Re: [Swarm-Modelling] SWARM on Clusters

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] SWARM on Clusters
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:14:10 -0500

Russell Standish wrote:

Now lets say you wanted to use Graphcode with Swarm. One of the things
we did figure out how to do was to embed C++ models into Swarm. (See
Richard Leow's paper from last SwarmFest). It should also be possible
to call back Objective C methods from C++ so as to execute Objective C
agents. We had hoped to knock up a demo where Heatbugs were running in
parallel in Graphcode within the Swarm environment, however funding
for that line of work has basically dried up, and we have other
priorities now :(. It would still be a kewl thing to do if anyone is
interested.

I meant to reply to this earlier but got distracted, but just as a bit of info; Apple is working on integrating their ObjC++ compiler into the GNU compiler so it will be available to all. The word is that they are expecting it to be ready for the GCC 3.5 release. I'm not sure if it will work with the GNU Objective-C runtime right out of the box, but numerous people are interested and will probably insure that any of those issues get worked out. This will allow ObjC and C++ code to reside in the same file; ObjC can call C++ classes and C++ classes can call ObjC classes.

cheers
Scott