swarm-modeling

Re: [Swarm-Modelling] 2 easyish questions

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] 2 easyish questions
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:08:57 -0600

Vinny Reynolds wrote:

Hi
I'm doing a kind of a state of the art review simulation technologies, with a view to developing a pervasive computing simulator.
One of the simulators I identified as being useful is SWARM.
I've read a lot of the documentation and I have one or two questions that I cant seem to find the answer to.
Can anybody help,.....

Agents and Swarms seem to be equivalent to a degree and are structured hierarchically.

Swarm class objects have direct access to the central schedule of the simulation. That, and the fact that they are Zones, is the most important thing

Agents (in the common sense of the term) don't need to know about the central time mechanism, they usually (as in heatbugs) are SwarmObjects, which just means they live in a list and the list gets processed every now and then by a thing that is a Swarm.

If you want, you can write Agents who are from the Swarm class, and then they would be able to directly access the scheduling machinery.

To see detailed working examples, go in here

http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/WorkingExampleCode/objc/

and you see pjrepreater[1-6].m, which have commentary about moving between scheduling concepts.

Can anyone help...

I'm not sure :)

Thanks in advance,
Vinny

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504 University of Kansas Office: (785) 864-9086