Problems with libtclobj.a

From: Joannes Mongardini
Subject: Problems with libtclobj.a
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 19:01:42 -0800 (PST)

Dear All:

Thank you for everyone's effort, but all suggestions have not helped us
to compile the libtclobj.a. When I run configure, this is the output that
I get:

>>checking for gcc... gcc
>>checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
>>checking whether gcc accepts -g... no
>>checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
>>checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
>>checking for ranlib... ranlib
>>checking for prefix by ... checking for tclsh... no
>>checking for NeXT compiler
>>checking for -lobjc... no
>>checking for objc_next_class... no
>>You must apply the patch ./gcc.patch to the gcc source dir
>>then recompile and install libobjc.a,
>>then rerun this configure script.

I have recompiled gcc2.7.2 on our HP 9000 Series 385 and made sure that
the objective-C library is properly compiled. But configure cannot find
the objc library nor the onjc_next_class. Any suggestions?

Joannes

Joannes Mongardini                      address@hidden
Assistant to the Director               Tel. (310) 825-1777
Center for Computable Economics         Fax. (310) 825-9528
UCLA
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1477
USA