Re: Problems with libtclobj.a

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: Problems with libtclobj.a
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 96 21:44:54 MST

>Thank you for everyone's effort, but all suggestions have not helped us
>to compile the libtclobj.a.

Ah, here's the problem:

>>>checking for -lobjc... no

the configure script isn't able to compile a program and link it with
libobjc.a. Ie, a command like this is failing:

  gcc foo.m -lobjc

The bit about objc_next_class, and gcc.patch, is a secondary symptom
of that.

For some reason, your gcc install didn't include the Objective C
runtime. Doublecheck the install instructions. At one time you had to
type an extra command while installing gcc to get it to install the
runtime (something like make install-objc), but I think I convinced
the gcc maintainers to fix that.