Can't make any swarm apps

From: Thor Sigvaldason
Subject: Can't make any swarm apps
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 05:48:58 -0400

Hello All (and Glen),

        Well, I've installed tkobjc and all the BLT stuff. I know the latter is
working because the demo graphs came up just fine. The former seemed to
configure and install fine as well.

        I've also installed the main swarm file, and it seemed to make with no
errors. My problem is whenever I try and make an application (ie.
heatbugs), the linker throws out:

        gcc -L../swarm/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -g  -o heatbugs Heatbug.o
        HeatSpace.o main.o HeatbugModelSwarm.o HeatbugObserverSwarm.o
        HeatbugBatchSwarm.o -lspace  -lsimtools -ltkobjc -lactivity
        -lrandom -lswarmobject -lcollections -ldefobj -ltclobjc -lBLT
        -ltk -ltcl -lXpm -lX11 -lobjc -lm

        MessageProbe.o(.text+0x3a8): undefined reference to
        `sel_get_any_typed_uid'

        make: *** [heatbugs] Error 1

        I grep'd down this function call, and it's in the swarmobject library
src code, which seemed to compile fine into its .a library. The
-lswarmobject should find it, shouldn't it? I've even made a link from
my standard library directory to the swarm libraries so that gcc is sure
to find it. And yet, this is as far as I can get.

        As always, any and all help greatly appreciated.

- Thor