Re: passing pointers to classes

From: ludo
Subject: Re: passing pointers to classes
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 04:38:01 -0600

> I know that the pointer to the object is OK since I can send messages to it.
>
> In the TestSwarm class I have a method:
> -(void)setLightModel: (id) l { lightModel = l; return ; }
>
> so that I can call a method such as:
>
>       [lightModel getIrradiance];
>
> Trouble is that I get the following error:
> POModel.m:665: warning: cannot find method.
> POModel.m:665: warning: return type for `getLightSpace' defaults to id

I solve this problem generally by importing the header file in which LightModel
is defined. I also think (as Ken did) that you haven't declared the function
yet, importing the header should do just that.

> When I print the id for lightSpace and theLightSwarm, which should be the
> same, I get different answers.

But then (well, in any sense) I don't understand this, but do the importing
anyway (if you haven't already :-| )

Ludo.