Binary installation

From: Michael Friedlander
Subject: Binary installation
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:11:50 -0400 (EDT)

I've installed and managed to "make" the binary installation of swarm on
my PC (i'm running RedHat Linux 4.2).
As well, I was able to "make" the tutorial application "simpleCBug".
However, when I execute the application I get the following error:

error: TkExtra (instance)
Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
    /usr/local/lib/tcl7.5 ./lib/tcl7.5 /home/mpf/tcl7.5/library
/home/mpf/swarm/library
This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

    while executing
"error $msg"
    (procedure "init" line 29)

etc, etc.....

The init.tcl file is located in /home/mpf/swarm/swarm-1.0.1/lib, so I took
a hint from Paul Johnson's "mini how to" and made a symbolic link from
/home/mpf/swarm/swarm-1.0.1/lib/init.tcl to /usr/local/lib/tcl7.5 (one of
the directories it's looking for as per the error above).

Still, when I execute the application I get the same error message.

Are there any suggestions?  As well, why is it looking in the second two
directories mentioned in the error message?  Those directories don't
exist, and I don't think I've made any reference to them in Makefile.conf.

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Michael Friedlander
Dept. of Operations Research
Stanford University