Re: Binary installation

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: Binary installation
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 13:53:28 -0500 ()

Dear Michael:
I don't know exactly what you mean by my mini how to, but I can
say almost for sure the problem is due to environment variables
that are not set right.  This is written up in the new swarm FAQ
that I've got sitting on my homepage

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/linux/FAQ.html
The explanation is in part 2, you will know when you see it!

I've not revised the faq parts 3-end, but if you have feedback on
1 & 2, please share.

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Michael Friedlander wrote:

> I've installed and managed to "make" the binary installation of swarm on
> my PC (i'm running RedHat Linux 4.2).
> As well, I was able to "make" the tutorial application "simpleCBug".
> However, when I execute the application I get the following error:
>
> error: TkExtra (instance)
> Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
>     /usr/local/lib/tcl7.5 ./lib/tcl7.5 /home/mpf/tcl7.5/library
> /home/mpf/swarm/library
> This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.
>
>     while executing
> "error $msg"
>     (procedure "init" line 29)

> Michael Friedlander
> Dept. of Operations Research
> Stanford University

Paul E. Johnson                 address@hidden
Associate Professor             http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn
Dept. of Political Science      Fax:   (913) 864-5700
University of Kansas            Phone: (913) 864-9086
Lawrence, Kansas 66045