Re: libX11.a on HPUX

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: libX11.a on HPUX
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 08:12:57 -0400 (EDT)

I think it was/is pretty common to *not* get many  of the libs,
includes and other utilities that one needs to right "real" programs
(x11-based especially) when you do a a basic
install of hp xx.xx.   I don't know about 10.01 specifically, but
it was true for 9.05, and I think its true for 10.10 and 10.20.

anyway, to get many/most things one place to start is
  http://www.software.hp.com/
There are some other archives as well, including
some in england, I believe.

There is also an HPUX faq out there that can be very useful (sorry,
I can't recall where it is...try a www search or
perhaps ask in the newsgroups like
   comp.sys.hp.hpux
   comp.sys.hp.apps
It has answers about sun-hp "typical porting problems", for example.

If you have the cdrom's for hpux and friends, you may
find it on there, too, in one of the "filesets"
(or whatever they call them under hpux).

Good luck!
 - r

Rick Riolo                       address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4068 Randall Lab     University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html