Re: find whereis grep

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: find whereis grep
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 12:04:07 -0400 (EDT)

ginger,
good point, I forgot about whereis!
(I agree find syntax is hard to remember...thus following
some strange logic I tend to use find all the time so that
it helps me remember it when I really need it!  That probably
means I've been using unix too long, without the true
wizards ability to remember all the arcana.)

grep is indeed indispensible.

Because Swarm is aspiring to be of use to people
who are not regular programmers, and to people
who are not going to be unix regulars, it might
be useful to put some at least a list of a few
useful commands to learn in the faq.

  - r

ps - I suppose we can always dream that eventually
  things will be so smooth that nothing unexpected
  will ever come up...and so there is no need to
  know about these commands...maybe so, but in the
  mean time...

Rick Riolo                       address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4068 Randall Lab     University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html