Unix FAQ for Swarm users now available for viewing--Please help.

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Unix FAQ for Swarm users now available for viewing--Please help.
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 13:32:11 -0500 ()

If you go to
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/linux/Swarmlinuxtips.html   ,
you will find the document that several of you have contributed to. Soon
to be integrated with rest of Swarm FAQ material, as soon as I get through
fixing mistakes that y'all will point out to me in here.

 In that document, we address these questions:

Quick Unix Tips for Swarm Users.

Question: Are you expecting me to be a Unix expert to use Swarm?
Question: I want to know more about those commands. What do I do?
Question: I'm trying to compile a program and the compiler can't find a
file. What do I do? Where is that file?
Question: I need to find a few lines in a massive pile of output that runs
up the screen. How?
Question: My fingers ache from typing long commands and I can't remember
all that crap. What can I do about it?
Question: I've got two files that I need to compare. What to do?
Question: How can I quickly find out how many lines of code I have?
Question: I downloaded a file with the tar.gz extension. How do I use it?
Question: Any other interesting tar facts worth knowing?
Question: How do I keep track of my simulation project?
Question: I just installed a new shared library and the programs that use
it say they can't find it. Unix really stinks!

Paul E. Johnson                 address@hidden
Associate Professor             http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn
Dept. of Political Science      Fax:   (913) 864-5700
University of Kansas            Phone: (913) 864-9086
Lawrence, Kansas 66045