libXpm and Objet.h on Sparc10

From: Dr. Paul Box
Subject: libXpm and Objet.h on Sparc10
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:02:40 -0600

Hello all

I have been using swarm for some time on linux, and am making my first attempts
at building swarm on the sun network here.  One problem I had was that libXpm
on
this network was horribly out of date (1993 version).  The system administrator
is out of town, so I have installed the most recent version of libXpm on my
local machine, and made sure that the library search path searches the local
directory before searching the global system directories.

When I type 'make' from the swarm directory, everything compiles except for
tkobjc.  In that directory I get the following message:

make[2]: Entering directory `/auto/sanduku/swarm-1.0.2/src/tkobjc'
gcc -c -g -Wall -Wno-import -I../../include -I/usr/local/gnu/include
-I/d1/sanduku/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/openwin/share/include -I/usr/local/gnu/include -I/usr/openwin/include
XPixmap.m
In file included from /usr/openwin/share/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:167,
                 from /usr/local/include/X11/xpm.h:20,
                 from XPixmap.m:9:
/usr/openwin/share/include/X11/Object.h:30: parse error before `Object'
make[2]: *** [XPixmap.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/auto/sanduku/swarm-1.0.2/src/tkobjc'

Is this a problem with Object.h?  Is there a workaround for this short of
having
the system administrator install a newer version of that library?