Sugarscape question

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Sugarscape question
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 20:39:41 -0400 (EDT)

Nelson,

I finally had a chance to try out your swarm sugarscape;
thanks for contributing it to the community.

I have one question though...

When I ran "sss" in my development environment (ie sparc
workstation and swarm-1.0.2) the program was core dumping
when it tried to create a probe display for the
ObserverSwarm.  The reason was that the "parameterFile"
(char *) variable was initialize to 0 (nil).

I made the following changes to ObserverSwarm to get it to
work:
      21c21
      <   obj->parameterFile = (char *) 0;
      ---
      >   obj->parameterFile = "\0";
      64c64
      <   if (parameterFile) {
      ---
      >   if (parameterFile && strlen(parameterFile) >= 1) {

I was curious why you didn't have this problem?  Could this
be a result of using swarm-1.0.2?

Anyway, it works great... Thanks again.

Ken.

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427