Re: scatter plot with BLT?

From: Jae Chan Oh
Subject: Re: scatter plot with BLT?
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 19:38:51 -0500 (EST)

> See the Swarm documentation for the BLTGraph in the tkobjc library.  The
> method -setSymbol(const char *)s  has values which change to default
> line to a cross, plus, square, etc.  This should allow you to do a
> scatter plot.  I have never used it, so let me know if it works.

I'm already using it. -setSymbol sets a symbol for one
BLT graph element (i.e. a graph sequence) However it will connect
all the same symbols together with line.

If one insists on using -setSymbol to draw a scatter plot, you need to declare,
as far as I know, one BLT elemement and one "symbol" for *each* point in the
graph -- Doing so would be not ony cumbersome but pointless.

I'm still waiting for any other suggestions.

Thank you anyway,

-Jae