Re: why does control panel appear when it does?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: why does control panel appear when it does?
Date: 03 Feb 1998 15:34:55 -0800

RLR> I'm curious as to why the control panel comes up then.

It's a question of the timing of Tk_DoOneEvent, the routine that ends
up sending idle events to the widgets for redisplay.  Usually,
this routine is called from doTkEvents (from a Swarm schedule in
the application itself), but it can also be called from other places,
such as the probe display manager, when it asks for an update.

If for debugging reasons or whatever you want things synchronized,
you can call doTkEvents to do that.

RLR> Are there any examples out there of creating a control panel with
RLR> more user-defined buttons?

I'm not aware of any.  What did you have in mind?