RE: Linux installation help

From: Larry E. Whitman
Subject: RE: Linux installation help
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 08:58:01 -0600

Paul and Kerry and others,

Thanks for the input. Our support guy played with the makefile.conf (trial
and error) per Paul's suggestion and got it to work. He is not real sure
what he did, but we now are actually able to run the first tutorial. So,
the first roadblock has been smashed down, onto others.

Thanks again for the help,

Larry

Paul, in case you are interested, I answered your questions below.
On Friday, January 30, 1998 11:00 AM, Paul E. Johnson
[SMTP:address@hidden wrote:
>snip
>
> If you still have trouble, please post again and tell us this:
> 1. Are you trying the binary or archive install?
Archive install
> 2. If you have a binary install, the most common mistakes are
>    a. not including -ldl in the Makefile.conf and
>    b. failing to properly set environment variables.
>

> 3. If you have an archive install,
>    a. Do the tests
> for tclobjc and blt work fine?
>    b. How many different versions of tcl/tk do you have installed?
We loaded it all on a fresh box.

> Good luck, let me know if you make it work.  Probably, you should let me
> see your makefile.conf if you keep having trouble.
That is what he changed, thanks to your advice.