Q: re dynamic scheduling

From: Geoffrey Schultz
Subject: Q: re dynamic scheduling
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 10:27:11 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a dynamic schedule in which an action will be added
to a schedule in response to a user-defined button press of a probe.
However the action does not seem to be added to the schedule, even though
the button press message probe appears to be working...

eg.

-buildActions{

// code for other non-dynamic schedules before this

 myDynamicSchedule=[Schedule createBegin: [self getZone]];
 [myDynamicSchedule setAutoDrop: 1];
 myDynamicSchedule=[myDynamicSchedule createEnd];

 return self;
}

-myDynamicScheduleTrigger{
 timeval_t now;
 now=getCurrentTime();
 printf("now is %u\n",now);

 [myDynamicSchedule at: now+10 createActionTo: anObj message:M(aMessage)];

 return self;
}

Now,
creating a message probe on "myDynamicScheduleTrigger" sets up ok and
during the simulation pressing the button prints out the current time to
stdout however the action does not get added to the schedule (or at least
I'm assuming that it does not because sending "aMessage" to "anObj" in
this simulation has visible effects on a ZoomRaster).

Also, if I schedule an action to myDynamicSchedule (non-dynamically from
within the "buildActions" method) it executes fine...

any Suggestions?

(I'm using 1.0.5,)

Thanks,

Geoff Schultz