minor "bug" in heatbugs: randomMoveProbablity

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: minor "bug" in heatbugs: randomMoveProbablity
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 09:38:33 -0500 (EST)

Here are a couple of other minor "bug", or at least
strange features, in the heatbugs demo.
I can't recall if I (or  anyone) has mentioned before, so I
will (perhaps again) mention it, just in case:

- evaporationRate does not appear in the model probe,
  so the user can't reset it (except by pulling up a probe
  into the heatspace...)

- the randomMoveProbablity is not pass from the model parameter
  into the heatbugs as they are created.  that is, it doesn't
  matter what the user sets it to before STARTing the model,
  the bugs will all have the default (0.0)
  (again unless one pulls up a probe for individual bugs).

New users always ask me about these, so it would probably
be clearer if these parameters were treated as one
might expect them to be.

 - r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4068 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 313 763 3323                  Fax: 313 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html