Re: Newbie: Trouble running heatbugs

From: Norberto Eiji Nawa
Subject: Re: Newbie: Trouble running heatbugs
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 98 13:45:41 JST

Hello:

>From: address@hidden (Marcus G. Daniels)
>Date: 09 Feb 1998 18:44:56 -0800
>Sender: address@hidden

>EN> address@hidden<277> gdb heatbugs GDB 3.5+ w/ Lucid Energize 2.1 & ODI
>
>My advice is to either upgrade your gdb, try dbx, or see if you can
>get a backtrace post-mortem with "gdb heatbugs core".
>ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gdb-4.16.tar.gz

I got the following message using the (old) gdb and backtracing
heatbugs and core:

address@hidden<381> gdb heatbugs core
GDB 3.5+ w/ Lucid Energize 2.1 & ODI mods,
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY for GDB; type "info warranty" for details.
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "info copying" to see the conditions.
Reading in symbols for
/tmp_mnt/home/hsun06a/xnawa/swarm/swarmapps-1.0.2/heatbugs/heatbugs...done.
Reading debug info for shared library:
 /home/hsun06a/xnawa/swarm/blt2.3/lib/libBLT.so.2.3
Reading debug info for shared library:
 /usr/local/X11R6.1/lib/libXpm.so.4.10
Reading debug info for shared library:
 /usr/local/X11R6.1/lib/libX11.so.4.30
Reading debug info for shared library:
 /usr/local/lib/libc.so.101.7
Reading debug info for shared library:
 /usr/lib/libdl.so.1.0
Core file is from "heatbugs".
Reading symbols from init.c...Ranged type doesn't fit within known sizes. while
processing file init.c
Type "help" for a list of commands.
(gdb) backtrace
#0  __objc_exec_class (...) (...)  (0x1110c4)
Reading symbols from init.c...Ranged type doesn't fit within known sizes. while
processing file init.c
(gdb)

I tried to compile and run hello-world, and got the same error.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Eiji