Re: Dynamic Graph works (all the way) on Redhat 5.1

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: Dynamic Graph works (all the way) on Redhat 5.1
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 01:55:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> Ok, the question I have is whether or not segfaults still cannot be avoided
> even when building GraphLib-1.2 with using CFLAGS="-g -O2 -fno-inline" or
> CFLAGS="-g".

I rebuilt GraphLib with  the CFLAGS -g -O2 -fno-inline. I rebuild
dynamicGraph. All runs fine from start, no seg fault, no crashes.
I  don't understand why, but if I'm supposed to make these changes
all the time for other stuff, please tell me.

That graph is kinda neat. I might use it for something, if I can
figure how. Can I just pop that into Observer swarm and show things
moving around in a map instead of a zoomraster?  I'd like to have it
show a 3d thing, where agents get smaller as they go backwards.
How could I get a good idea of all that's possible before I spend
the time to learn the details.

I realize your previous note said rebuild swarm too with the same
compiler flag, but I was so pissed off that my ethernet card won't work
most of the time that I didn't.  So however you had it set up at
the factory, that's how my swarm is compiled.

I'm just trying to give  you diagnostic info, I don't pretend to
understand the problems. Good luck, let me know if I can give more info.

Paul E. Johnson                      address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science           http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn
University of Kansas                 Office: (913) 864-9086
Lawrence, Kansas 66045               FAX: (913) 864-5700