Re: controlPanel button

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: controlPanel button
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 19:02:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> PS> Is it possible to add new button ?
>
> It's possible, but there's no API.  So, you'd need to modify
> src/simtoolsgui/ActionCache.m's -createProcCtrl and -insertAction:, as
> well as setup an method to run in ControlPanel (or another class per
> setActionTarget:).

It might be easier/faster to put the button's functionality
in the model swarm, or other object, and then show the probe
display of that object to the user before the simulation
really kicks off. It depends on how badly you want the
button on the control panel.

I wasn't sure if you'd considered that...

Ken.

(Reminder: If *possible*, I would use a subclass instead of
modifying the kernel source; it'll make it a lot simpler to
upgrade.  If you need to subclass several kernel classes
then you might consider wrapping them up in your own
extension library.)

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427