SWARM Boids

From: Eric Werk
Subject: SWARM Boids
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 16:27:35 +0200

Hi all!

I am trying to make a SWARM version of Craig Reynolds a-life "Boids".
(see http://hmt.com/cwr/boids.html for his implementation in Java)

My code so far can be found at http://www.daimi.au.dk/~werk/swarm/boid/

For now, the display is 2D, and the Boids (and other objects) are drawn
on a Canvas with an OvalNodeItem (see [aSimObject display])

I would like to make triangular representation of the boids, based on
their size and current heading, but cannot figure out how to draw
(and subsequently erase) a composite graphical object.

Do I have to delve into tk/tcl programming to do this, or is there
somehow
I can collect a number of Lines (from the gui lib) and make that into a
composite item that responds to [aComposite draw] and [aComposite
erase]?

/Eric Werk