too many arguments problem redux

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: too many arguments problem redux
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:24:22 -0400 (EDT)

I downloaded the rpm from Paul's anon site this morning, applied
the patches, and made an opt and debug version just fine.
I then made my heatbugsPlus app, and it made and run just fine.
And a regular swarmapps-1.4.1/heatbugs makes and runs just fine.
So the argp.h problem is solved under rh6.0 as I have it.
Paul---Thanks for making and distributing that rpm.

However...

When I try to run a (regular,sfi) heatbugs app that had
been made under rh5.2, using swarm-1.4, I get the old

address@hidden UM-ExpTools-4]$ export
SWARMHOME=/usr/local/swarm/Swarm-1.4/swarm-1.4/opt
address@hidden UM-ExpTools-4]$ ~rlr/530/Src/heatbugs/heatbugs
heatbugs: Too many arguments
Try `heatbugs --help' or `heatbugs --usage' for more information.

The same thing happens if I have SWARMHOME set to the swarm-1.4.1 version.
(I don't know if we need to set SWARMHOME to run these or not, now, but
just in case...)

The swarm-1.4.1/opt/lib/libmisc* files all have change dates
from today, and I did the above config/make in a brand new
swarm-1.4.1/ directory.

So....

Am I still doing something wrong?

Or is it just the case that apps made pre-rh6.0 won't run
under rh6.0 ?

thanks,

- r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html