Internal Time

From: Julie Dugdale
Subject: Internal Time
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:10:47 +0200

Hi,

I'm currently taking over a Swarm application. It is well commented, but I
want to add a bit more functionality. Unfortunately, I have very little
experience with Swarm and Objective C....

I am trying to get the internal simulation time of certain actions
displayed on the output window. I'm using the following line:

printf("Time: %d",[self getRole] getCurrentTime];

in an object method which is part of a swarm.

When I try 'make' it is giving me an error message:
invalid receiver type int. Passing arg 1 makes pointer from integer without
a cast.

Is it sometime to do with my printf? I think that getCurrentTime returns a
long int? Also, I'm not really very sure about the 'getRole' part. It is a
method in the object.

Apologies for what must seem like a bit of a dense question, but I'm a
newbie to Swarm.

Thanks for your help
Julie

Dr Julie Dugdale                        email:address@hidden
ARAMIIHS-IRIT                   phone: +33.5.61.55.77.07
Universite Paul Sabatier                fax: +33.5.61.55.77.09
118, Route de Narbonne
31062 TOULOUSE cedex
FRANCE
Web:- http://www.mk.dmu.ac.uk/~jdugdale/