Re: Internal Time

From: Julie Dugdale
Subject: Re: Internal Time
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:00:23 +0200

Gary,

>The error message (pointer from integer without a cast) makes me wonder if
>it is not the getCurrentTime method that is the problem, but the getRole
>method. For the expression [[self getRole] getCurrentTime] to work, the
>getRole method should return an object that has a getCurrentTime method.
>I reckon getRole returns an integer, rather than such an object. Maybe
>what you want is [self getCurrentTime] (if self is an object with a
>getCurrentTime method)?

Excellent! Thanks for the tip. After reading your email, I realised that I was making things far too complicated for myself and eventually ended up with the following (which is what I wanted):

printf("Time: %ld", getCurrentTime());

thanks
Julie

================================== Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical details of the day to day usage of Swarm. For list administration needs (esp. [un]subscribing), please send a message to <address@hidden> with "help" in the body of the message.