Re: Initializing objects with lisp

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: Initializing objects with lisp
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 18:23:49 +0200

Marcus say:

>  3) uses the syntax of an interpreted programming language.
>      When someone gets around to dropping a Scheme interpreter into
>      Swarm, it will be possible to have model code and data live in
>      harmony.  Models could load (and mutate) agent behaviors as well
>      as agent state.

Can't resist to follow up on this point...How difficult would that be? I
assume that there is a Scheme interpreter or two available in C that
could be wrapped into ObjC?

Would the Archiver/Probe interface already support dynamic binding
between Scheme code and agent behavior in Objective-C or do you think
that we would need a schemobjc lib a la tclobjc?

Regards,
Benedikt

---
Present coordinates:
Dep. of Economics, Univ. of Trento, Via Inama 1, 38100 Trento, ITALY
Off: +39 0461 882246/267875 Mob: +39 347 0415721 Fax: +39 0461 882222