Re: [Question] using Map, setCompareFunction, ordering lists

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Question] using Map, setCompareFunction, ordering lists
Date: 15 Jun 1999 08:51:51 -0700

NEN> The problem is that I am getting a segmentation fault in [c1 getPrice],
NEN> when sellList contains already one element.

Are you using objects or integers as your Map key?

If you want to use integers as your Map key, it's necessary to coerce
the type back to an integer (the compare function wants generic
objects as arguments).  That only works because integers and ids are
typically the same size on most systems.  I don't recommend doing
this -- I think it is better to use objects for everything.

Like this:

  out1 = (int) c1;
  out2 = (int) c2;

instead of: