Re: ordering events in a swarm ....

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: ordering events in a swarm ....
Date: 15 Jun 1999 08:44:50 -0700

XH> The problem I raised may be put in the following way: After some
XH> existing objects' actions have been activated and run in an object
XH> 'schedule' of class Schedule, can any new object (they may be born
XH> at random times even after 'schedule'!) generate actions and put
XH> then in 'schedule' using: [schedule at: t createActionTo:
XH> newObject message: M(anAction)]?

My advice is not to use `newObject', but to use a method,
-ensureTarget, that returns the object to be used in the future.
Putting this information in a method should help clarify to the reader
that the future target object is not something predetermined in your system,
and it will help focus your mind on describing to yourself (or to us)
how and why you come to want `newObject'.