Re: Decentralized Scheduling

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Decentralized Scheduling
Date: 08 Jun 2000 10:57:46 -0700

PJ> Since each agent is keeping its own schedule, I don't understand
PJ> how to make all events at time X happen in a random order.

It's actually broken in a subtle way right now.  I probably won't
get to fixing it until I get back from vacation on the 18th.  Meanwhile,
I have to prepare a tutorial.

The method that is for customizing a Swarm's merge behavior is
setSynchronizationType.  The idea is you'd customize a ConcurrentGroup
type with randomization, and then customize a Schedule using that
ConcurrentGroup, passing that to setSynchronizationType.

The default behavior is that actions are merged in the order that its
components are activated.

Like this:

    ScheduleC syncScheduleProto;
    Object concGroupType, syncType;

    ConcurrentGroupC groupProto;
    groupProto = new ConcurrentGroupCImpl ();

    groupProto.customizeBegin (aZone);
    groupProto.setDefaultOrder (Globals.env.Randomized);
    concGroupType = groupProto.customizeEnd ();

    syncScheduleProto = new ScheduleCImpl (new ScheduleImpl ());
    syncScheduleProto.customizeBegin (aZone);
    syncScheduleProto.setAutoDrop (true);
    syncScheduleProto.setConcurrentGroupType (concGroupType);
    syncType = syncScheduleProto.customizeEnd ();

    SwarmC swarm = new SwarmCImpl (this);
    swarm.createBegin (aZone);
    swarm.setSynchronizationType (syncType);
    swarm.createEnd ();