Re: Decentralized Scheduling

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: Decentralized Scheduling
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:38:40 -0500

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> PJ> Since each agent is keeping its own schedule, I don't understand
> PJ> how to make all events at time X happen in a random order.
>
> Ok, please take a look at this:
>
>  ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/users-contrib/anarchy/repeaters-0.1.tar.gz
>
> Specifically, see the constructor in Repeaters.java which has:

Thanks very much.  Once again, I'm amazed by your productivity.

As luck would have it, I had already converted your repeaters model into
a one-file objc example "pjrepeater.m" and also had added into that
model dynamic scheduling "pjrepeater2.m" and then the customized
schedule in "pjrepeater3.m".  These are in
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/WorkingExampleCode/objc

While that new swarm is compiling, I want to make sure with you that I
have translated correctly the code for customizing the schedule, which
is in pjrepeater3.m.  Here is the way the model swarm is created: (The
java code renames objects in the create[customize]End in a way that is
not required in objc, correct?)

   groupProto=[ConcurrentGroup customizeBegin: self];
   [groupProto setDefaultOrder: Randomized];
   groupProto = [groupProto customizeEnd];

   syncScheduleProto = [Schedule customizeBegin: self];
   [syncScheduleProto setConcurrentGroupType: groupProto];
   [syncScheduleProto setAutoDrop: 1];
   syncScheduleProto = [syncScheduleProto customizeEnd];

   modelSwarm = [ModelSwarm createBegin: self];
   [modelSwarm setSynchronizationType: syncScheduleProto ];
   modelSwarm = [modelSwarm createEnd];