Re: drone and windows NT. Any success stories?

From: Theodore C. Belding
Subject: Re: drone and windows NT. Any success stories?
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 00:50:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Paul E Johnson wrote:

> 4. Now I have no idea how the guy in indiana gets drone to run, but
> after one run it crashes because it can't read from /dev/null.
>
> He says the error message is
>
> DoLocalCmd: couldn't read file "/dev/null": no such file or directory

The only place referring to /dev/null in Drone 1.x is when it redirects
stdin and stdout to /dev/null when starting the target simulation program.

To prevent stdout from being sent to /dev/null, simply set saveStdout to 0
in the control file.

To prevent stdin from being redirected to /dev/null, you'll have to change
line 2188 of drone:

set redirectStdin "</dev/null"

to:

set redirectStdin ""

That should still work; I just redirected stdin to be safe. Of course if
your target simulation reads from stdin you'll probably get an error, but
then the simulation's buggy anyway.
-Ted

--
Ted Belding                              address@hidden
University of Michigan Center for the Study of Complex Systems