Re: Problems making Swarm 2.1.1 under Linux-Mandrake8.0

From: Steven Kembel
Subject: Re: Problems making Swarm 2.1.1 under Linux-Mandrake8.0
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:15:38 -0600

On Tuesday 23 October 2001 14:25, Paul E Johnson wrote:

> Some ideas.
> 3. I wonder if you can't use the Swarm rpms for redhat systems. If you
> install my rpms for gcc-3.0.1 and hdf, I wonder why swarm rpms would not
> install? http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.x_RPMSforRH7/

Paul,

Thanks for the information. I managed to get one of the older pre-gcc3.0
build rpms (swarm-hdf5-2.1.75) from your website to install successfully on
my Linux Mandrake 8.0 system. Linux Mandrake must use some non-standard
libraries, because the install would only work with your version of HDF5, as
well as an older version of BLT, since the blt rpm included with Mandrake
(2.4u) did not include some of the files found in blt2.4i.

Heatbugs runs just fine. Now I just have to get jheatbug to stop giving me
segmentation faults.... :)

Thanks again for the help.

Steve Kembel
address@hidden