Re: Jave IDE

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: Jave IDE
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 08:07:18 -0600

I think Marcus Daniels and I use Emacs with the JDE for this.

I know for sure I have tested it with netbeans and it did work. I posted the steps I had to take to get it to work about 5 months ago.

There are plenty of posts from people who use jbuilder. Last week it was mentioned that people who use that should use a new version of jdk as well as a beta version of Swarm, because there was a hangup between Swarm-2.1.1 and jbuilder. For setup info, search the email list.

Concerning your debugger question, I do have some FAQ coverage on that:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html#7.6

Marshall, James A R wrote:

Hello,
  after a long break I'm back at Swarm development... I used to use
Objective-C for my Swarm work but have decided it's time to start using
Java. So, I'm looking for a Java IDE that runs on Windows 2000 Pro. My main
criteria are:
* minimal hassle to get running with Swarm
* standard Windows interface
* good integration of build and debug processes
  Does anyone here have any recommendations, or is there a FAQ I can look
at?
  Thanks,
        James

---