problems compiling objective c

From: Juan A. Rodriguez
Subject: problems compiling objective c
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:54:40 +0100

Hi all,
I downloaded and installed Swarm-2.2 pretest 5 in a Windows 2000 machine.
Everything seems to work fine for java since I managed to compile and run
jheatbugs and jmousetrap. However I haven't managed to compile Objective C
programs. I get an error from the compiler saying that Objective-C is not
installed. For instance:

gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror   -DAPPNAME=asm -DAPPV
ERSI
ON=2.2 address@hidden -DDLL  -I/cygdrive/c/Swarm-2.2/includ
e Agent.m
gcc: Agent.m: Objective-C compiler not installed on this system

I checked whether that's true and I found that the Objective-C libraries and
compiler are within $MY_SWARM_HOME/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.0.3/. I
guess that I've got tell the compiler where such libraries are but I wonder
whether I've got to do it within the configuration files in
$MY_SWARM_HOME/etc/swarm

Thanks.

Juan A. Rodríguez-Aguilar