Re: search for java swarm documentations

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: search for java swarm documentations
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 15:12:08 -0500

Hm. The java apps from the SDG are here:

ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/apps/java/sdg/

If you are using a swarm after 2.1.1 look in the testing directory.

I assume you have the java reference guide?

In the most recent JASSS i have a swarm model based on Objective-C. While browsing that volume, I note other authors who wrote a model in java. Why don't you look that up, and then pester those authors for the source.

Charles Staelin wrote a tutorial for java users, and I think there were some volunteers working to update/finish. There's a copy of the old thing in my pages, but I'd suggest you try to find the new thing:

In June Alex Lancaster wrote:
You should be using the most recent version of the tutorial which is
actually in the CVS at SourceForge:

 http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=1961

The module name is "jtutorial".

You can browse the repository at:

 http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/swarm/

Try this and report any remaining problems you have, here.  Eventually
this will be transferred to our new Savannah site
(http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/swarm) and a tarball will be made
available.

A.

I don't know where it stands since then.

Last term, i was teaching a Java class and got 1/2 way to a new simulation tutorial. Maybe someday I'll finish that or give it to someone who will.

pj

zehra cagnan wrote:
Hi Tiago,
I think I am more or less at the same stage as you.
I could only find two example models with java.
You can download them from :
ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/apps/java/contrib/
 But no other documents...
Zehra