[Swarm-Support] valid values for random seeds

From: Marshall, James A R
Subject: [Swarm-Support] valid values for random seeds
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:21:20 -0000

Hi,
  I'm having some trouble setting the seed my Swarm app should use with the
-S switch... I haven't found a seed that is accepted yet, any ideas? All the
ones I've tried give the following result:

$ javaswarm containerworld/itm/ITM -b -S=1
*** event raised for error: InvalidCombination
MT19937 setStateFromSeed: seed 0 cannot be zero
*** execution terminating due to error
/src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/Symbol.m:173 -[Error(c) _raiseEvent:]
Signal 6

        James

---
Dr James A R Marshall
Complex Systems Modelling Group (COSMIC)
Department of Earth Science and Engineering
Imperial College London
Tel: +44 (0)20 7594 7493
Fax: +44 (0)20 7594 7444
Container World Project - http://www.ese.ic.ac.uk/research/containerworld/