[Swarm-Support] Segmentation Violation

From: Alex Olivas
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Segmentation Violation
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:25:18 -0600

I modified bug slightly to "interact" with nearest neighbor bugs.
I would like for an individual bug's step to depend on the state
of the bugs around it.  I defined a simple method called getRole,

- (int)getRole;
{
 return role;
}

My code compiles just fine, but when I run it crashes in the
bug's step method at the line...

int neighborRole = [[world getObjectAtX: xPos+deltaX Y: yPos+deltaY] getRole];

(I do check to see whether the cell is non-empty first)

I'm fairly new to swarm and am assuming I'm missing something obvious.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex.