[Swarm-Support] Re: Swarm install

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: Swarm install
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:35:34 +1100

On 19/02/2005, at 7:09 AM, Benjamin Wilson <address@hidden> wrote:
I have downloaded Swarm 2.2 from        ▪
        ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/swarm/swarm-2.2.tar.gz I have also
installed X11 SDK and have xcode1.5.  I now need to know how to
complete the installation. At
http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm_FAQ:Macintosh_installation the final
step says "just double click them to launch the Apple package
installer"  What is them?  The Swarm 2.2 file that I have contains a
many files and documents with names like configure.in and INSTALL.
Will opening one of these files or documents launch the installation
package?

Firstly, the appropriate place for this question is the Swarm support list to which I have copied this message.

We are just in the process of rearranging our code distribution, and everything is not complete yet.

However, the link for packages on the FAQ page you quote above will take you to a directory containing the binary packages and instructions.

Bill Northcott
Swarm Development Group

PS That source tarball may not build Swarm for Java on the Mac. It should be alright for Objective-C