Re: [Swarm-Support] MacOS x86_64 and message forwarding

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] MacOS x86_64 and message forwarding
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:20:18 +1000

On 25/10/2006, at 10:37 AM, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
I have not found an x86_64 Darwin version in the gcc tree.
It does seem like someone will need to work on it eventually, but perhaps it won't be Apple. I believe the GCC Java implementation relies on libffi..

I think that is right.

Thinking about it, Apple must have code for call forwarding for their own Java bridge and so on. It may even be in the open sourced stuff, but I don't think there is any publicly available documentation. The Objective-C forwarding is done with assembler code in their libobjc which is certainly public source code.

Bill